Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Boy is Three!

Yesterday, August 26th, my little man turned 3. It was a day full of celebration and excitement as he did the things he wanted to do and talked all about what it meant to be 3. His day started with a birthday scone at our favorite bakery in town, Spruce Confections. He sat like a big boy in his very own chair and ate his scone without any help. He struck up conversation with the table next to us and much to our surprise and delight, they asked if they could sing happy birthday to him. He smiled and giggled as they sang and after they finished he broke out into self appreciating applause. It brought tears to my eyes that perfect strangers would extend such kindness and celebration to my boy.

After the scone came his first gymnastics class for this fall and because he's 3, he went all by himself. It was good and hard all at the same time to watch his little blonde fro bounce around in the gym through the glass. There were a few moms who seemed to be doing this for the first time, too, so that was nice. I wasn't the only one reacting to and laughing at everything he did.

Isaiah had made it clear to Ramin and I that for his birthday afternoon (after nap and once Daddy got home) he wanted to mountain bike and have a cheeseburger and a milkshake, so that's what we did. He rode to his little heart's content and ate with the ferociousness of a boy twice his age. It was a great day! Here are some pictures of our adventure...
Isaiah before the ride. He was upset with me for taking a picture of him without his helmet on.
Tricks on the trail.
On a mission.
He opted for riding on Daddy's back on the return trip.
We haven't had a family picture in awhile because Isaiah is always moving. I thought, in light of that, I'd try and capture us on the move.
Yum! Cheeseburger and chocolate milkshake!
My handsome men :)

2 comments:

smchurchie said...

Such a beautiful family you have :) Loving the pics- esp the "attempt" at the family shot- it's really quite cute!!

Jordan said...

Happy birthday, Isaiah! I am so proud of you. I am glad that you had such a fun day doing the things you love.