Saturday, August 8, 2009

Midwest Vacation::Part 3

Here are the rest of the pictures from our vacation. Enjoy!
I had the honor of throwing a bridal shower for my sister who will become Lauren Elizabeth Church on September 19th in Eugene, OR. We had a great time celebrating her. Here is a beautiful shot of her at the 'Welcome Table.'
Lauren's fiance, Ryan not only helped me gather photos from throughout their relationship, but gave me explanations, too. I matted the photos on black paper with the typed explanations, and hung them with ribbon representing their wedding colors. It was a fun project!
Mom and I made this fruit bouquet :)
Lauren's sweet little cake.
Gram, Mom, Lauren and I
What a huge treat it was for me (and for Lauren) to have my dear friends Julie Smith and Karin Stroessler there. We all moved to Boulder together over 4 years ago and Julie and Karin have both moved in the last year. I love them both so much!
Mom, Isaiah and I spent a day up at my grandparents farm in Northern Indiana. We had such a wonderful day together. It began how most of my adventures as a kid at Gram's did...with his head in the deep freeze choosing a treat to get things going :)
Grammy Debi and Sonny sitting together outside.
I've been waiting for 3 years to get a picture of Isaiah running next to Gram and Pop's bean fields. He just happened to pick the spot right smack dab in the middle of their veggie garden. I don't think he smashed anything! Notice the old brick schoolhouse in the background. 
While we were at the farm we received word that one of our friends in the area had built an amazing display of all of his childhood trains in addition to a real model train set up complete with 3 tiers of track, bridges, tunnels and what one day will be cities, mountains, and countryside. Isaiah was thrilled, as you can see :)
A Sonny's personal heaven.
After the trains we went over to Aunty Kathy and Uncle Barry's house to see the kitties, Daisy and Lilly. Isaiah was surprisingly gentle with them. Here he is with Daisy.
Isaiah and Lilly
When we were done visiting with the kittens, Isaiah decided that he wanted to drive Uncle Barry's truck. He was very serious about the trip he was taking his Grammy Debi on. 
Our last night at Mom and Dad's we had dinner and visited with our dear family friend, Julie Ingels. She and Mom have been friends since before there were any kids on the scene and we just love her (and her family). She was even sweet enough to search 6 stores for just the right toy for Isaiah. 

3 comments:

kstroess said...

i love you, too, gohl!

these pictures are great. i love isaiah in his train heaven. i think of him all the time when shua and i hit up the library with all its trainy goodness :)

Meghan said...

Great pictures, Natalie! What a special way to spend time with family. :)

Jordan said...

What a well-constructed trilogy of photos and memories. I especially loved the photo of IJ vs the Drumstick - classic. Whose house had the train display? So glad you got to take Sonny to Decatur!

It was sooo good to spend some days with you guys in July. Thank you for making time for this chillaxed, epic vacation. I love you guys!