Saturday, August 8, 2009

Midwest Vacation::Part 2

After uploading around 15 pictures to this post alone , I'm realizing 2 parts are simply not enough. So... our vacation recap has now expanded to 3 parts. Our time in Indianapolis was really wonderful. We stayed with my parents and enjoyed 10 days together. Among the highlights were spending quality time together at home, sharing meals together, watching Isaiah rip his bike around the "trail" (aka: my parent's landscaping), playing with Geico the gecko, getting prepared for my sister's bridal shower, celebrating my sister at her bridal shower, seeing Karin and the Smiths, going to the Indianapolis Children's Museum, seeing my brother, and going to my grandparents house. We packed in a lot of meaningful events and still had time to really talk and enjoy each other's company. What a great trip!
Isaiah and I in the backseat, ready to travel from Tiffin to Indy.
Isaiah asked Daddy to put "little lovey" on his head, so Ramin happily obliged :)
I got to see my best friend, Erin and her two boys Brett (3) and Noah (1). We had a great morning together and the boys played like old buddies. This is the two of them enjoying a popsicle together.
That same morning Mom and I got to babysit for sweet Noah Biggerstaff. Ramin and Noah's Dad, Ben went out for lunch, so we had the honor of caring for this little fella. 
Me, Isaiah, Brett, Erin and Noah
Watermelon at Grammy Debi's. He loves it anytime, anywhere. 
Isaiah and his pal Papa Jon
This was hilarious...Mom and I bought Isaiah paints, paper and brushes so that he could do some painting and he ended up using all of the above materials to make a train. After about an hour of lining up his paint tubs and brushes he said, "Mommy, I'm done painting." I love my Sonny.
Of course all of the available boxes were quickly engineered into a track with tunnels. 
Grammy Debi and Isaiah on the "Reuben Wells" at the Indianapolis Children's Museum. It's a real train that they actually have preserved inside the museum. Isaiah was struck silent with awe. 
Lauren and I
Isaiah James ready for a dinosaur dig at the Children's Museum. I can't believe he wore the goggles without any fight. 
Grammy and Isaiah watching the model version of the Reuben Wells chuffing along the track. 
An amazing blown glass sculpture at the Museum. It was enormous and breathtaking. I wish I could have captured it more accurately. 
Rookie of the Year: Isaiah James Razavi

1 comment:

smchurchie said...

Some great pics :) Loving the short snapshots of a fun vacation!