Friday, May 4, 2007

Fun at the Zoo

Tuesday we went with some friends to the Denver Zoo for the first time. Isaiah was all ready to see the animals in his hibiscus shirt. He's such a big boy these days. I look at this picture and can't believe that this is my baby that was so helpless for so long. Those days are no longer. He's crawling all over, pulling himself up on things and trying his hardest to stand up on his own.

He didn't quite know what he was supposed to do at the Zoo, (he ended up looking at the information plates in front of the cages more than the animals themselves) but was very excited by the Grizzly bears and the elephants. I think it was that they were too big to miss.

We had a picnic with a squirrel that was a little too friendly and I ended up looking like I needed to be admitted after getting up, screaming and running him off into the bushes. The protection reflex is a suprising result of motherhood. It's something I'd never felt before and now is in full form.

It was a fun day and we're looking forward to going again with Daddy.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Nat - looks great! I am so glad that you set this up. I will look forward to seeing many more posts! I saw one person commit to doing "30 posts in 30 days" and it has helped her be a more regular "blogger". Perhaps you could try that to redeem yourself and get in the habit! :)

Much love from Garyland, J