Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Bolder Boulder

In March a few of my friends decided that we'd train for Boulder's very own famous road race, the Bolder Boulder. There were moments during those couple of months that we looked at each other with, "REALLY?!?" written all over our faces, but we pressed forward anyway, determined to do it, come what may. Well, I'm happy to report that Memorial Day has come and gone and the four of us did what we set out to do. We walk/jogged (2 min. walking/3 min. jogging) 6.2 miles and were not only smiling at the end, but were plotting for next year's race! It was especially sweet to finish this race after battling cancer this last year. It felt so good to meet a goal other than, "make it through treatment." Thanks to Meggan, Melissa and Lisa for an incredible day!
Here we are at the start :: (L to R) Melissa, Lisa, Me and Meggan
And at the finish!
My sweet hubby had been finished with his race for an hour and a half at this point and came to find me to encourage me and jog a little with me. Don't we look cute in our pink and black (not planned!)?
Me and my faithful training partner, friend and neighbor, Melissa
Me, Meg and Melissa in the stadium at the end

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Congrats, Nat! That's awesome!!