Monday, June 11, 2007

A Smile for Daddy

Last week was a hard one for us. On Thursday, the 31st of May we said goodbye to Ramin's grandma (we call her Omi). She had been battling with her health for the last 8 years after 2 pretty major heart surgeries. Her body finally said, "no more." Omi lived an incredible life. She saw 84 years and filled them with love, hospitality and service to others. Isaiah and I weren't able to go back to Ohio, so we sent this picture to brighten Daddy's day while he was there. Omi was the true matriarch of the family, so saying goodbye to her was a really tough thing for Ramin and everyone else in the family. I like to think that capturing this smile for Ramin was also a smile for Omi. She never got to meet Isaiah, but I know she would have loved to smooch those cheeks.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I think Omi got those smiles...sweet tribute to an incredible woman.

I love you guys. I know I was encouraged by seeing your smiles tonight! Send IJ my love.

mandy said...

I agree with Jordan -- those smiles would brighten anyone's day, even Omi's in heaven.

The two of you are so precious.